Illinois State scores 10 touchdowns, downs Indiana State 69-17

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Battle of ISUs could be shootout

Two weeks ago, Indiana State?s Sycamores permitted Southern Illinois to rack up 72 points against them in a college football game.

More...

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
the only thing being shot out is ISU blue's defense

56-17 Ill. State at the start of the 4th Q.

final score 69-17, not much has changed I guess? At least SIU still has it's record of 72 points yet.

Two weeks ago, Indiana State?s Sycamores permitted Southern Illinois to rack up 72 points against them in a college football game.

More...

Last edited:
NORMAL, Ill. -- Rafael Rice rushed for 182 yards to lead Illinois State to a 69-17 victory over Indiana State on Saturday.

Rice ran five yards to score a touchdown ...

More...

Did Lou West accomplish anything positive as far as recruiting these past three years? I just can't believe this team is still THAT BAD! It doesn't matter who the coach is, if you don't have the talent and the guys you do have don't have enough pride to do better than you're going to keep losing by 60 some points. The Gateway is tough, but these guys shouldn't be this bad. There is no excuse for being that awful on defense for three years in a row. They're not just bad they're practically non-existent. I'm worn out from pulling for them each week only to see this over and over again.

Sycamores can?t stop Redbirds? attack

The good news for Indiana State?s defense was that it forced Illinois State to punt with 3 minutes and 20 seconds left in their Gateway Football Conference game Saturday.

More...

ISU quarterback gaining experience

Chuck Dowdell got plenty of on-the-job training Saturday. Receiving his most-extensive playing time as a college quarterback this season, Indiana State?s redshirt freshman started and showed flashes of potential, particularly when he threw a 29-yard touchdown pass to Jeramie Gray in the second quarter against Illinois State.

More...

I listened to the stream of the entire game and it is so frustrating. I think you are spot on with the accessment of the players on the team. However, with the constraints put on the program of only so many out of state scholarships to offer, we have to take in-state players that are not D1 caliber.
We have had a total of 314 points scored against us and are on track to have at least another 200 scored on us. The rest of the season looks pretty bleak with I wouldn't be suprised to see at least 2 more losses similar to the SIU & IlSU loss. WKU, Youngstown State and at Northern Iowa...look out. Each of these teams could come close to 100 points against our defense. I'm not sure if there is a college team we could beat at any level.
I hope the administration (above RP) at ISU realizes the embarassment this brings upon the students, alumni, and the University as a whole. :verysad:

:sycamores::sycamores:

I know...I know...

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Beating the Horse...

...might be an invitation to Michael Vick & Associates to extend their business ventures to Indiana. Be careful. :naughty:

you know what, there are ALOT of HIGH SCHOOL teams ISU would not beat, and that is the truth. This team is THAT bad.

I listened to the stream of the entire game and it is so frustrating. I think you are spot on with the accessment of the players on the team. However, with the constraints put on the program of only so many out of state scholarships to offer, we have to take in-state players that are not D1 caliber.
We have had a total of 314 points scored against us and are on track to have at least another 200 scored on us. The rest of the season looks pretty bleak with I wouldn't be suprised to see at least 2 more losses similar to the SIU & IlSU loss. WKU, Youngstown State and at Northern Iowa...look out. Each of these teams could come close to 100 points against our defense. I'm not sure if there is a college team we could beat at any level.I hope the administration (above RP) at ISU realizes the embarassment this brings upon the students, alumni, and the University as a whole. :verysad:

:sycamores::sycamores:

I know...I know...

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Every year somebody has to have the worst team in Div. 1 football, but being that team for three straight years is unacceptable. Even with a new coach I don't see it turning around next year. It's sad because as much as I want ISU to have a football team I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

bent, book it, ISU will not win a single game in 2008 either, look at the schedule, there is noone on there they can beat. 8 Gateway games plus 3-4 other games. I think 2008 is a 12 game schedule year possibly.

The rebuilding will be 3-6 years I'd guess.

Every year somebody has to have the worst team in Div. 1 football, but being that team for three straight years is unacceptable. Even with a new coach I don't see it turning around next year. It's sad because as much as I want ISU to have a football team I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Back