ISU at Western Illinois

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I was hoping someone else would start this topic, but it seems interest in ISU FB is waining given the fact that men's and women's BB practice starts this weekend. This is ISU's 2nd of 3 straight homecoming games.

Regardless, the 2 questions I ponder are:

1. Will the Donaldson kid from WIU rush for over 300 yards (I say he does).

2. Where will this week's blowout rank in the top 15 worst blowouts of all time for the conference? (the past 2 weeks have both been top 10'ers).

ISU has played WIU pretty tough the past few seasons, but this year is much different and I think it's going to get ugly, and fast. Maybe not as fast as the SIU game, but close.

and for those keeping track of ISU ncaa FB stats, they just keep getting worse. Not surprising.

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?org=305&year=2008&week=7

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I say Herb Donaldson will not rush for 300. He only needs 50+ to get to 1,000, and less than 300 (I think about 260) to break the all-time WIU record. Maybe he'll get that, but then he'll be taken out. I'm hoping our guys can make it a little tough to get there. We need everyone to quit dancing with their blockers and start attacking the ball. I don't care at this point if we give up a long TD pass; I want to see us get more physical at the point of attack (including all of the Freshmen).

21-0 WIU leads at the start of the 2nd quarter.

so far no surprises in this game. Donaldson on his way to a 200-300 yard rushing game and probably conference player of the week.

ISU with 2 1st downs though might be considered an oddity.

28-0 WIU leads, again, no real surprises in the game. WIU running at will.

ISU did make WIU punt once, so that's a +

from Golden
All Donaldson all the time. He gained 45 yards on a seven play drive, including a nifty 17-yard touchdown run where he ran left and made some deft cuts to the right. Another long Saturday for the Sycamores.

no kidding

35-0 WIU leads, this is last week all over once again, if WIU keeps playing they're gonna beat ISU by over 70 points.

this is going to be another addition to the top 10 worst blowouts in conference history. no doubt on that one.

I would suspect WIU will play their junior varsity team in the 2nd half.

54 yards of offense for ISU in the first half, that's it. only crossed mid field once, maybe twice? Regardless, no difference in this game than any other game this season.

They only remaining suspense is how many points will WIU decide they want to score?

How is this any fun for anybody? The Gateway conference has to be absolutely kicking itself that it lets debacles like these go on week in and week out...

according to Golden now, it's fun for WIU:

"Fourth quarter
[] WIU is screwing around now. They tried to call a pass play (unsuccessfully) for defensive lineman Daniel Speight. ISU forced the ?Necks to punt, but WIU isn?t exactly trying to move the ball with much zest."

49-0 now, this blowout (if this score holds) will rank as the 10th worst blowout in conference history. I'll update at game's end.

How is this any fun for anybody? The Gateway conference has to be absolutely kicking itself that it lets debacles like these go on week in and week out...

according to Golden now, it's fun for WIU:

"Fourth quarter
[] WIU is screwing around now. They tried to call a pass play (unsuccessfully) for defensive lineman Daniel Speight. ISU forced the ?Necks to punt, but WIU isn?t exactly trying to move the ball with much zest."

49-0 now, this blowout (if this score holds) will rank as the 10th worst blowout in conference history. I'll update at game's end.
:jawdrop: Whatever. Seems kind of ill-spirited to start sending your lineman out for passes...

also TLS, the ISU game is also considered a "week off" for opposing teams, you think the 3 opposing teams coming to ISU in the next few weeks are going to bring all their starters along? I highly doubt it. UNI could bring their cheerleaders only to play and still win the game against ISU.

This was one of the games I said we could win. I think last year's score was 19-17? I don't remember I had surgery that week...I thought for sure WIU was one of the weakest teams in the MVC, they can't pass.

it was 19-7 according to ISU records.

This was one of the games I said we could win. I think last year's score was 19-17? I don't remember I had surgery that week...I thought for sure WIU was one of the weakest teams in the MVC, they can't pass.

Ok then, blanked by WIU...

Don't we still have SDSU, NDSU, and NIU left?

:censored:

ok, thank God that's over, I wonder if RP goes to these road games? What must he be thinking?

Anyway, Updating the all-time conference blowout list now.......drum roll please.........

today's game comes in at NUMBER TWO on the all time conference blowout list. (ISU is 3 for 3 adding to this list so far this season with 5 conference games to go yet.)

MOST-LOPSIDED WINS (MVFC League Games Only)
62 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (72-10), 2007
56 - Western Illinois vs. Indiana State (56-0), 2008 (today's game)
56 - Missouri State vs. Indiana State (63-7), 2007
54 - UNI vs. Indiana State (68-14), 2007
53 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State, (60-7) 2008 (last week's game)
53 - Southern Illinois vs. Western Illinois (66-13), 2004
52 - UNI vs. Indiana State (58-6), 2004
52 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (55-3), 2006
52 - Illinois State vs. Indiana State (69-17), 2007
51 - Illinois State at Indiana State (57-6), 2008 (game from 2 weeks ago)
49 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (59-10), 2004
49 - Missouri State vs. Indiana State (68-19), 1991
49 - Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State (52-3), 1995 (ISU won this game)
45 - Western Kentucky vs. Indiana State (59-14), 2003
45 - UNI vs. Western Illinois (52-7), 1987
45 - Youngstown State vs. Indiana State (45-0), 2005

Last edited:
the last 3 home games are sdsu, missouri state and NIU. ISU goes to ndsu

ISU had a total of 135 yards of total offense today, the ship is sinking deeper and deeper into the Wabash River

Ok then, blanked by WIU...

Don't we still have SDSU, NDSU, and NIU left?

:censored:

Last edited:
TLS, do you think ISU will score any more points the rest of the season?

They didn't score against WIU's junior varsity team today so I bet they don't score any more this season.

Back