ISU vs. Drake

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

SydCamore

The Captain Level
This is a HUGE game for ISU.

Can we ride the momentum from "the mirracle in Bloomington/Normal"?

The table is set for us to have a strong finish. What is going to happen?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Folks, ISU is gonna win TWO games in a ROW, how are we supposed to act???

Up 12 with 1 minute!!!

TUNNELL is on FIRE! He can't miss! 10-11 from the field!!

Wooo hoooo!

ISU wins, we're not in last in the MVC now!!!

Just returned from the game wanted to give my two cents.
1.Carl Richard is a monster on the boards why is he not starting?
2.Jay tunnel must be seeing the basket like it’s as big as the ocean.
3.When you take care of the ball you win games.

The crowd whatever the number ends up being to me was alive today. I think those that were in attendance really had a good time. (Except when the piece fell off the flag Sam was waving and almost got us a technical foul) I know I and the people I sit with enjoyed this game.
I can see such an improvement in many of the players they are playing with emotion and have confidence. This is going to be a fun team to watch for the next couple of games and on into next year.
See what winning does it changes the Players, Coaches and Fans attitudes. :)

in other MVC games tonight....

Evansville was down 21 points to ILS at the half, tied the game with :13 left, then ILS scored with one second left to win by 2, unreal!

SIU just got HAMMERED at UNI

CU and Bradley are playing on TV (FSN Midwest) in the 2nd half, close game.

now it's off to Mizzery State on Saturday, ISU hasn't beaten them since 2005, and have not won at Mizzery State since 1976 Man do we need to end that streak NOW! That is a loooooong time!

Just got back to Indy from the game. THE ENTIRE TEAM PLAYED WELL TONIGHT!!! It's almost as if they had a collective, "Oh, that's how it's supposed to work!" moment last week, and now it's second nature to them.

What can you say about Jay Tunnell? Someone on the other board said, "Imagine if we'd had a healthy Jay Tunnel for the past three years..." and that is the truth. Jay has played the last two games against some of the best big men in the conference, and he's eating them alive. It's so good to see, so fun to watch, and couldn't be happening to a better guy. CONGRATS JAY - KEEP IT UP!!!

Carl Richard was a beast. When we needed a rebound, Carl got it. When we needed a blocked shot, Carl got it. He was outstanding defensively. A terrific all around game. When we get him to hit some shots, other teams are gonna hate him...:meditate:

I can't even think of what else to say, other than this: Tonight we won because we were the better team. We didn't luck into it. We didn't win because the other team "bumbled" it over to us. We took Drake out of their game, and made them play our game. It's was fun to watch!!!

Now on to Springfield, where we are undefeated at JQH Arena!!!:bigsmile:

This is what I love about Indiana State basketball, every year we have amazing wins and stretches that make you proud of the team. Now we just need to take it to the next level. A strong finish would be great and leave me optimistic about next season - just like the football team.

Where are Carl Richards parents now? I wish they could see the way we talk when we have won a couple games. They checked out the message board at the wrong time.

Carl rebounded very well. He had more than 9 rebounds. He didn't get credited for a few. I counted 7 in the first half. Rebounds are a justification statistic, it's up to the statistician. For example, tip-outs are often not considered a rebound.

also, ISU's FIRST win w/o having to go to OT in MVC play, what a relief!!

Tunnell.....Great
Marshall....slashing...looking comfortable again.
Richard....did everything...not only rebounded well, but kept Drake from rebounds that would end up ISU ball....His final three years here are going to be huge!
Printy.....Solid and keeps getting better....His final three years here are going to be huge!
Reed......Solid tonight...I see this as being the real Reed!
Carter....seems to be getting back on track!!!!

ALL OF THIS = :cheers: FOR US SYCAMORES!!!!!

Last night was a very good game for the team. We are very proud of them all. I hope they continue to play as a team and continue to win. I did like Carl's overall game. Finally, yes we still read the threads. Hubby will be replying when he remembers his password, LOL.

Last night was a very good game for the team. We are very proud of them all. I hope they continue to play as a team and continue to win. I did like Carl's overall game. Finally, yes we still read the threads. Hubby will be replying when he remembers his password, LOL.

Were you at the game last night? No biggie, I was looking over there trying to figure what parents go with which kid. I've gotten to know quite a few parents over the years. It is one of those things that become enjoyable over their time in BLUE! for me!:bigsmile:

Ma'am, when Carl starts to hit some shots, he's gonna be a monster! I really love the way he plays, and he's getting better each week. Glad he's a Sycamore!!!

:cheers:

That reminded me of the infamous "Wiener Toss" incident waaaaay too much. Playing Drake, Close Game, Foreign Object on the Floor!

Whewwww!

If the cheer coach and John Sherman hadn't gone over to settle Sam down after the fact, I think the officials might have T'd Sam up, because instead of mea culping the knob flying off his flag, he kept banging the seats with the flag stick like THEY did something wrong.

The officials had no idea where the object came from, why should they? And once they did, Sam showed them up, and ISU nearly paid the price for it, because you could tell by their body language they weren't pleased one bit. Like I said, good thing for ISU that the cheer coach and Sherman squelched that out.

Enthusiasm is good, but that was the 1 percent of the time Sam should have chilled out. Lucky for him, that was a veteran crew out there who let it go.

Moral of the story ... tape that knob down, THEN bang away with it.

If the cheer coach and John Sherman hadn't gone over to settle Sam down after the fact, I think the officials might have T'd Sam up, because instead of mea culping the knob flying off his flag, he kept banging the seats with the flag stick like THEY did something wrong.

The officials had no idea where the object came from, why should they? And once they did, Sam showed them up, and ISU nearly paid the price for it, because you could tell by their body language they weren't pleased one bit. Like I said, good thing for ISU that the cheer coach and Sherman squelched that out.

Enthusiasm is good, but that was the 1 percent of the time Sam should have chilled out. Lucky for him, that was a veteran crew out there who let it go.

Moral of the story ... tape that knob down, THEN bang away with it.

You could be right about the refs T'ing up Sam, but what would the reason be? They shouldn't assess a T on the first object to be thrown onto the court anyway, they should just warn the crowd via the public address announcer. That's league, if not NCAA, policy. So they would be "lighting him up" for what exactly? Being a good mascot that's trying to whip the crowd up??? I never saw him physically intimidate the refs or anything like that. I just saw him make a bunch of noise.

That's not to say I totally disagree with your premise. After all, the refs are Missouri Valley refs, and they've been crappy for 30+ years, so I could see your scenario happening. But, alas, all's well that ends well, and we got the W anyway.

Sam, I LOVE 'YA!:wordyo:

To clear things up

Nothing was done wrong. No showing up of referees. No attitude. The place was silent, so I kept the place rocking. Not a big deal. I could make no noise, be a horrible mascot, but I choose to be the best in the Valley.

Back