ISU vs IPFW

ISUCC

The Odum Level
should be another win for ISU, however IPFW did win in Terre Haute 2 years ago. I would imagine this team will make sure this does not happen again. IPFW has not won against a D-I team this year yet.

Gametime is 2:00pm, wonder how many will show on this holiday weekend? I will be there though.

:sycamores:

I will be there. Saw in the trib this a.m. a comment from RP that most of the printed schedules show the game @7 p.m. Actual start time is 2:00 p.m. Had that very discussion with another fan at the last game & he was adamant that it was 7 p.m. May not see him tonite; too bad!

ISUCC

The Odum Level
looks like ISU will have to defend against the "3" tomorrow.

Fort Wayne, IN - The IPFW Mastodons got their first win of the season, in impressive fashion, shooting their way past Manchester College, 106-57 on Wednesday night at the Memorial Coliseum.

The 'Dons hit a school-record tying 17, 3-pointers in cruising to the 49-point win.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
ISU 3 Pt Heat to Determine Outcome..

This could be a pretty good game. IPFW losses to Wisconsin & Valpo are nothing to hide in the closet over. They have an excellent season schedule, with games v. Michigan St. and Marquette still on the agenda along with a few MAC schools.

To project independence and maturity though, they've gotta drop the "IPFW" and get a name/logo that has a PRIVATE identity, rather than continue the "lil bros" imaging of IU & P:talktohand:urdue.

Revolution

The Varsity Level
I will be there. Saw in the trib this a.m. a comment from RP that most of the printed schedules show the game @7 p.m. Actual start time is 2:00 p.m. Had that very discussion with another fan at the last game & he was adamant that it was 7 p.m. May not see him tonite; too bad!
Why hasn't this been publicized until today? Shouldn't they have handed out fliers with the today's correct game time at the game last Tuesday? This is a glaring mistake and to only make a comment about it at the end of the game article is immensely amateurish. What's going on? I've seen very little from the athletic department to get excited about. Very little. I'll be at the game, but my fear is, many won't be by default. :naughty:

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
ISU + @ Half 31-22

Slow start, but Coach Mac finally found the right chemistry, closing with an 18-3 run at the half.

Martins seems to be working hard inside, getting position AND the ball in a timely manner.
10 To's is not good , but having only one 3 @ half and up by 9 says something about our growing balance.

12/26 FG
1/6 3's
6/9 FT's
16-15 reb+

See if we can pull an "Oakland City" during the 2nd half and nurture that killer instinct.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I was at the game today, ISU was on cruise control after a sluggish start, then in the 2nd half couldn't hit the ocean! IPFW came from like 19 down and lead by one at one point. ISU finally got things together and won, but it should have been much worse. Lots of subbing at the end between defense and offense. Not sure if this is the norm, but every chance coach had to make changes he did.

3 point shooting was horrid! I think ISU hit ONE 3 pointer today, it was ugly! Stinson did not play well, missed alot of shots. But at least they won.

Very few at the game too, it was very quiet most of the time.

:sycamores:

Pomeroy Fan

The Blue Level
Why hasn't this been publicized until today? Shouldn't they have handed out fliers with the today's correct game time at the game last Tuesday? This is a glaring mistake and to only make a comment about it at the end of the game article is immensely amateurish. What's going on? I've seen very little from the athletic department to get excited about. Very little. I'll be at the game, but my fear is, many won't be by default. :naughty:
The Trib-Star had it on the front page of the sports section on Friday too.

And yes, it was a dumb mistake by whoever made it.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
If there's one positive that's developing, it's the inside play of ARNOLD & MARTIN, who are slowly but suredly establishing CONTINUITY in a style of game that ISU has not seen in years. If we can improve our INSIDE passing game and add the wide-bodied TUNNEL where appropriate (screens/rebounding/10-15' pops), this segment of the Sycamore offense could become clear.:sycamores:

bent20

The Odum Level
Glad to see we've picked up another win, but it's disappointing to hear the team is still struggling to shoot well.