Signing Day Festivities

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
It's interesting the differences between the last 2 recruiting classes. In 2007, ISU announced 24 recruits, 11 of which were on the roster this past season, 2 of whom quit during the season, and probably about 6-7 of whom will be on the roster next season. In 2008, Coach Miles announced 31 recruits, and 8-9 more were added after signing day. Of these, 3 were not on the opening roster for the 2008 season, and it looks like all but 1 or 2 will be back next season.

The roster on the web site has been revised to remove the players that have left the program (Schmidke's not on the roster, but a couple other Freshmen that I was worried about leaving are still listed). They've also changed the current Freshmen to Sophs on the roster, with the exception of those that have redshirted--it shows 7 redshirt Freshmen. All in prep for the listing of the ?? number of incoming Freshmen next season. Is anyone going to the signing day event?

weather permitting and nothing comes up work wise....

i plan on being there wednesday for signing day. i may take my laptop and post the recruiting list to my isu football alumni newsletter that night.

reply about possible broadcast

I took your advice but haven't received a reply. I try a couple of more names on the site and see what happens.

I received a reply... Will be neat if they can work something out.

[ email reply from Ace Hunt ]

Subject: Re: football signing day celebration Feb. 4th

I check to see if that is doable this year or not ... Our equipment will be set up for the men's basketball game after the signing day event, but I will see if we cant work something out.

I will let you know just as soon as we have a chance to meet and discuss.

Thanks --
Ace

Glad to see we picked up another quarterback.

http://www.tribstar.com/collegesports/local_story_035001147.html?keyword=topstory

Here is what rivals has listed so far:
Santino Davis LB 5-11 225 4.85 - Perkinston, MS

COMMITTED/UNSIGNED Pos Stars Ht Wt 40 RR Video Enrolled Hometown
Tyler Boyd DE 6-2 250 - - Avon, IN
Keith Dietel DE 6-2 230 - - Greenwood, IN
Brandon Foster LB 5-11 215 4.8 - Fort Branch, IN
Luke Harris RB 5-11 190 - - Whiteland, IN
Matt King QB 6-4 175 - - Rockville, IN
Tanner Riley WR 5-10 158 4.59 - Greenwood, IN
Tyler Stafford 6-3 230 - - Fortville, IN

Back