Sycamores vs. Northern Iowa

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Let's go Trees!!! This would be a nice one to break the losing streak on!!! But, if you can't quite do that, just don't get beat by 50 points. Those days are, hopefully, behind us!!!

GO BIG BLUE
FIGHT BIG BLUE
GO STATE WIN!

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

ISUCC

The Odum Level
game update

may as well update the score, it's 28-0 in the 4th quarter. Haven't really payed much attention but looking at stats and reading thru Golden's Blog it sounds like ISU is playing better on defense, but they can't move the ball on offense, not sure they have even been in UNI territory but one time maybe? Need to get a passing game established it sounds like.

It was 21-0 at the half, and UNI has only scored one touchdown in the 2nd half.

Regardless, ISU has played better against UNI than Missouri State did last week, so with MSU coming to town next week ISU could possibly, and that's a possibility only, win it's last game of the season. That would sure be a nice way to go out after being 0-11 to start the season (along w/ the never-ending 25 game losing streak.)

by the way, MSU's rush defense is worse than ISU's so I sure hope they plan to run the ball alot next Saturday. MSU had 81 yards of total offense against UNI last week too, that's not very good, ISU has done a little better than that today.

And according to TG in his blog there are probably only a couple hundred people at the game today d/t the deplorable weather in TH. No surprise there.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
28-0 is the final, really didn't expect ISU to score in this one, and quite honestly I figured UNI would score alot more than what they did.

Anyway, 1 more game and it's a winnable game, so hopefully ISU plays better and ends on a winning note, then takes that momentum into the off season and then the 2009 season.

did ANYONE go to this game today? Announced attendance was 2300 or so, but TG balked at that number, saying it was probably in the hundreds more than likely. But I'd guess ISU counts attendance as "tickets sold".

new sycamore fan

The All-MVC Level
Attendance had to be less than 1,000. Very few UNI fans there. If we can find an offense, we have a chance next week. We need to get the ball to the playmakers, not run the QB draw on every 3rd down! Again, too many short fields to defend for the defense, although they played well. UNI seemed disinterested today.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Aside from the crowd, which I would expect to be small if we were 8-3 (Terre Haute doesn't like cold and rainy), I think we continue to see steps being taken toward respectibility. The offense obviously has major problems, and I don't think the answers are currently on the field, but the defense showed itself well and "held" No. 4 to 28 points. As Coach Miles said, "...I can see the gap closing..."

Hopefully, we can pull out a win next week and get the streak off our backs.

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

bent20

The Odum Level
Would have been nice to score, but at least it was another respectable performance defensively. These performances really should give us hope for next season.

Cap'n Cat

The Sycamore Level
Attendance had to be less than 1,000. Very few UNI fans there. If we can find an offense, we have a chance next week. We need to get the ball to the playmakers, not run the QB draw on every 3rd down! Again, too many short fields to defend for the defense, although they played well. UNI seemed disinterested today.
Newbie,
So as not to expose anything elaborate on video for the playoffs, UNI was intentionally very bland in their offense that day. They were working out the kinks in the run game, something any team needs to make a deep thrust in the postseason.

INSU will do the same thing when they're preparing for the playoffs.

:sycamores:

bent20

The Odum Level
Newbie,
So as not to expose anything elaborate on video for the playoffs, UNI was intentionally very bland in their offense that day. They were working out the kinks in the run game, something any team needs to make a deep thrust in the postseason.

INSU will do the same thing when they're preparing for the playoffs.

:sycamores:
There was video of that game, really???