Virtual ribbon cutting marks official end of Hulman Center renovation

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

are we getting a new scoreboard and sound system as well with this $35 million upgrade? I at least hope the sound system is upgraded, you can't hear a word anyone says over the current sound system in there, it's just muffled language

I believe I remember reading that the lighting and sound systems would be upgraded.

Edit: I found the tribstar article (from 2019) and it states: "The facility also will have improved acoustics, as the inside of the new skin uses sound-absorbing material." So, that's not exactly a new sound system.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I believe I remember reading that the lighting and sound systems would be upgraded.

Edit: I found the tribstar article (from 2019) and it states: "The facility also will have improved acoustics, as the inside of the new skin uses sound-absorbing material." So, that's not exactly a new sound system.

That may do enough to make the existing system sound better if it was a matter of sound bouncing off shit.

So last I heard the HC was supposed to be done “mid-November”, so........

does anyone know if it is done? One would think the athletic department would want to share this information. When the football offices, lights and weight room were redone there were videos for each one. Now the HC gets done in our marque sport and I can’t find anything about it.

So last I heard the HC was supposed to be done “mid-November”, so........

does anyone know if it is done? One would think the athletic department would want to share this information. When the football offices, lights and weight room were redone there were videos for each one. Now the HC gets done in our marque sport and I can’t find anything about it.

I believe the plan is for ISU to "host" a "virtual opening" o/a Dec 5 IIRC Varsity Club members received a postcard w/ the time, date, etc

i'll have to dig around and see if I still have that card

image_handler.aspx

Indiana State University will release a ribbon-cutting video Thursday to mark the official reopening of Hulman Center after a two-year, $50-million renovation.

More...

Nice to see the baseline seating return. However, the old ones tied into the permanent seato above. These do not. I wonder, why?

Many things I see here look much nicer -- the blue seating, the new glass entry way, the return of the "bowl" type seating on the ends, even the floor look nice although I too liked the old insignia better.
Many questions unanswered though ????
New lighting ?
New PA system ?
New scoreboard ?
Any new graphics to be added inside, on the concourses, out in the outside corridors where concessions/restrooms etc located.
So while this looks very nice I'm not seeing any pizzazz ....nothing popping out at fans as they enter etc. Looks clean and nicely updated but just as sterile as its looked since it first opened. Hope we'll see some major graphics (like what they did at Memorial Stadium), trophys, pictures etc.
Was there an actual ceremony today ?
Was Tony George there representing the Hulmans -- if so he should have been writing a big check for millions to have the Hulman name continue on the building ---- use that money to make it look like that home of the Sycamores.
They got the deal of the century having their name attached all this years without pumping more cash into the building.

Back