2020-2021 Men's Basketball Schedule

GoSycamores

The All-MVC Level

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Indiana State basketball has added Saint Louis University to its 2020-21 schedule head coach Greg Lansing announced today. The contest with the Billikens will take place December 15 at Chaifetz Arena.

More...

eagletree

The Sycamore Level
They sent out season ticket renewals quite awhile ago. I really took it that there will be no new season tickets sold this year. In fact everyone with a season ticket from last year would not be able to renew this year. We could not but will be given back our same tickets next year.

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
If I'm able to go to any games I will probably sit there unmasked with a Pepsi cup in my hand the entire time. If the ushers give me hell for it I probably won't return until this nonsense is over with. I'm going to MSU's football game this weekend and they are not requiring mask use while in your seat. I get that it's outdoors, but I still stand by my "don't go if you're scared" quote. If you're in your seat socially distant I fail to see how that is much different from being in a restaurant where you aren't wearing a mask.

eagletree

The Sycamore Level
So you were not allowed to renew your season tickets?
Yes, we were given the option but they explained that it would be on a point system Preferred seating, varsity club membership, etc. Since our season tickets are in the upper bowl, we knew we were low on the totem pole. They explained if anyone did not choose to try to reorder their season tickets that they would still be given first choice the following year to purchase the same season tickets from previous years. They also stated no single game tickets would be sold. I guess that there is always a chance that a very small amount of season ticket holders might wish to renew their tickets for this year. In that case, maybe more season tickets could become available.

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
Interesting that there won't be any single game tickets for sale. I guess I just won't be able to go to any of our games at all. Hopefully Eastern Illinois will have tickets available for their games because I would like to be able to go to a couple of college basketball games this year.

bluestreak

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
If I'm able to go to any games I will probably sit there unmasked with a Pepsi cup in my hand the entire time. If the ushers give me hell for it I probably won't return until this nonsense is over with. I'm going to MSU's football game this weekend and they are not requiring mask use while in your seat. I get that it's outdoors, but I still stand by my "don't go if you're scared" quote. If you're in your seat socially distant I fail to see how that is much different from being in a restaurant where you aren't wearing a mask.
People who won't wear a mask are like people with no bladder control who prefer not to wear pants. They just piss all over everyone else.

Sycamorefan96

The All-MVC Level
People who won't wear a mask are like people with no bladder control who prefer not to wear pants. They just piss all over everyone else.
It's called looking at the facts. If you are older than 70 and/or have an underlying condition, or live with someone in those categories, then you should probably not be going to non-essential events.

I also said I'm just not going to wear it while in my seat. If I'm up moving around I don't really have a problem with wearing it, but I'm not sitting there for 2 and a half hours with a spit rag over my face. If I can have it off while sitting there eating their food that they get money for then I can also have it off while I'm sitting there. I don't really know what your problem is tbh. If the mask works so great keep it on the whole time and you won't have to worry about what I do.

dino

The Sycamore Level
will they hope to sell roughly 2500 per game and then cut it off? If so, then i assume they wont be counting bodies at the door. Also make me wonder how many tickets hey will allot to students that might count against the roughly 2500.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
It's called looking at the facts. If you are older than 70 and/or have an underlying condition, or live with someone in those categories, then you should probably not be going to non-essential events.

I also said I'm just not going to wear it while in my seat. If I'm up moving around I don't really have a problem with wearing it, but I'm not sitting there for 2 and a half hours with a spit rag over my face. If I can have it off while sitting there eating their food that they get money for then I can also have it off while I'm sitting there. I don't really know what your problem is tbh. If the mask works so great keep it on the whole time and you won't have to worry about what I do.
That's not at all what is happening here in Las Vegas. Obviously it depends on your local demographics makeup, but here the biggest group catching the COVID is the 25-49 demo with nearly 50% of the total cases. The 65+ demo here only accounts for 10% of the total cases. I will say the biggest positive is our case mortality rate is only at 2% which is lower than the national average but almost 1%. It is also by and large hitting the poorest populations and parts of the Valley.

That said, I probably would function as you describe. When I go out to eat, I wear a mask in any common space and only remove it at the table. I also do not wear it outdoors but I'm also not in any confined outdoor spaces.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Interesting that there won't be any single game tickets for sale. I guess I just won't be able to go to any of our games at all. Hopefully Eastern Illinois will have tickets available for their games because I would like to be able to go to a couple of college basketball games this year.
Is that accurate? Because if they didn't sell enough tickets to hit their mark, I can't see them turning away money especially knowing how bad finances are right now. If there is demand, sell to the capacity numbers you set. If they don't, someone needs fired.

This school cannot afford to leave a single nickel on the table.