2022-2023 Schedule

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

I just like the superior fundamental strength and bb is our kids have, and the fact that the few good teams we’ve had in my lifetime have all been led by Indiana kids. Coach came here saying he wanted to be in Indiana because of our high school pipeline of talent. Just seems odd that whenever I see us give offers they’re all going out of state. Benter seems like the only one we’ve offered lately. I’ve seen kids like Mack Smith and Kobe Webster not be the “pick of the litter” and have more success at out of state schools than people we have imported. Maybe they didn’t want to come here. We could at least try.
Mack Smith set the D1 record for consecutive games with a 3 point basket made and I think he also set the career 3 pointers made record at EIU. I watched him at Eastern IL and I remember him being from Indy.

Josiah Wallace also went to EIU. He was a first team all-OVC'er at least twice in his career there. Not Indiana, but he's from neighboring Marshall, IL.

Both of those guys could have had great careers at ISU and they played together at EIU for three seasons.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
No, ISU was never part of Gloomington, ISU doesn't pull many students/recruits, from Gloomington's ranks and it's been decades since ISU was d2

Situations are wholly different
It’s a little bit the same if we assume that playing them has more risk than reward. Just like power conference opponents don’t schedule mid major for the same reason.

Mack Smith set the D1 record for consecutive games with a 3 point basket made and I think he also set the career 3 pointers made record at EIU. I watched him at Eastern IL and I remember him being from Indy.

Josiah Wallace also went to EIU. He was a first team all-OVC'er at least twice in his career there. Not Indiana, but he's from neighboring Marshall, IL.

Both of those guys could have had great careers at ISU and they played together at EIU for three seasons.
I was good with not getting Wallace.

It is my belief that we were interested until that particular event(s) took place.
He took the junior college route and then to EIU.

Yeah, I'm not sure I could have continued supporting ISU either if we recruited a local kid that could win us games. Skinning cats isn't great, but we had someone on the team that strangled his girlfriend last year too and I don't remember a big uproar about that.

Yeah, I'm not sure I could have continued supporting ISU either if we recruited a local kid that could win us games. Skinning cats isn't great, but we had someone on the team that strangled his girlfriend last year too and I don't remember a big uproar about that.

You're implying there's an unindicted murderer on the MBB team?

All I'm saying is that we recruit kids all the time that do stupid things. I think everyone we recruit should probably get a pass on the first stupid thing they do. If they make a habit of it (anyone remember Yarborough at Illinois State?) then yeah, it's time to send them down the road.

I watched Wallace play all three years he was at EIU. I actually knew about the cat thing and my nickname for him was "Skinner". With that said he was one of the most fun players I've ever watched and he represented EIU very well. As far as I know he's never been in any kind of trouble since the cat thing when he was a junior in high school. I think he would have been a great pick up for ISU.

All I'm saying is that we recruit kids all the time that do stupid things. I think everyone we recruit should probably get a pass on the first stupid thing they do. If they make a habit of it (anyone remember Yarborough at Illinois State?) then yeah, it's time to send them down the road.

I watched Wallace play all three years he was at EIU. I actually knew about the cat thing and my nickname for him was "Skinner". With that said he was one of the most fun players I've ever watched and he represented EIU very well. As far as I know he's never been in any kind of trouble since the cat thing when he was a junior in high school. I think he would have been a great pick up for ISU.

Soooo.... there ISN'T an unindicted murderer on the MBB team?

Giving a pass to everyone for the first stupid thing they do... You have Superior Court judge written all over you...

Quick Test:

Eagle Scouts Serial Killers Animal Abusers

Which two of those groups are closely related?

Soooo.... there ISN'T an unindicted murderer on the MBB team?

Giving a pass to everyone for the first stupid thing they do... You have Superior Court judge written all over you...

Quick Test:

Eagle Scouts Serial Killers Animal Abusers

Which two of those groups are closely related?
4Q....while I may not always agree....you are funny.....and you keep some of the posters on their toes. Keep up the good work.
Your tag...4Q-IU is enough to get my support.

I recommend you looking up and reading the story about the cat incident. It was horrific. You are way, way, way belittling what took place.

I want to win games as much as the next person, but he had/has zero business wearing an Indiana State uniform. Good on another school for giving him a chance, but that's not us. We're better than that.

And when I say "We" I mean Indiana State...just in case anyone needed to be reminded that I'm not talking about Evansville or USI. I know that can be confusing here lately.

Good to see that some things never change... As we near the start of a new season - 96' is on here pushing aside killing cats for the sake of winning basketball games. Just when you think he can't get more outlandish - he even had a nickname for the guy. Well isn't that cute... "I call him Skinner when referencing him because you know he skinned those cats back in HS." WTF?!?!

Everyone.......Everyone .........
Please note the title of this thread
2022 - 2023 Schedule
Anyone have ANYTHING to say about that ???
THANK YOU! Here's a reminder for anyone that missed it...

Here’s our non-con schedule…without dates and in no particular order…

@Miami Ohio
Northern Illinois
Ball State
North Dakota State
@USI
Green Bay
@Power Five
Non-D1
Three Games Gulf Coast Showcase

Good to see that some things never change... As we near the start of a new season - 96' is on here pushing aside killing cats for the sake of winning basketball games. Just when you think he can't get more outlandish - he even had a nickname for the guy. Well isn't that cute... "I call him Skinner when referencing him because you know he skinned those cats back in HS." WTF?!?!
Would've hated to have had this guy on the team. Gotta stay woke though, even if it means losing. Lansing might have saved his job with a 1st team OVC guy on the team, but no he skinned some cats when he was 17 years old :rolleyes:.

Would've hated to have had this guy on the team. Gotta stay woke though, even if it means losing. Lansing might have saved his job with a 1st team OVC guy on the team, but no he skinned some cats when he was 17 years old :rolleyes:.his job was t

You need perspective my friend! he would have been less than 2 years removed form this heinous cruelty if he signed with our former coach out of HS. What he did shows a level of GREAT immaturity and poor judgement and decision making on his part or worse problems. Those are important in basketball and life. Unfortunately his acts will haunt him for the rest of his life. Those boys did that to not just one animal but MULTIPLE so that took thinking not a spur of the moment thing. Do you think because he got caught he automatically changed? If you do I have some swampland in West Terre Haute I'll sell ya. If we use your thought process then the kid who just shot up the school in Texas would get a pass if he had some skills with a basketball and we should have recruited him. To you, wasn't that act also just a dumb teen age mistake like killing a cat, because that is what you are saying about this kid. They both took lives in a cruel manner, it doesnt matter if its a cat or people his act was WRONG and showed poor character and a serious lack of judgement to anyone with proper ethics! LOL, or better yet in your thought process would it would be ok to HYPOTHETICALLY (Actually it did happen on the ISU football team in the early 90's) recruit a drug dealer who's been in and out of jail and known violent personality who has been found guilty of serious acts if he can play basketball no matter what he has done and will continue to do? People don't change overnight I'm sorry that is a fact. Dude, your perspective of win at all cost and potentially your ethics is wrong. Who cares what he went on and did at a lower division, his acts at that time showed bad character our coaches didn't want and we didn't need on our team or the ISU community.

Are you guys STILL talking about something that has nothing to do with the 2022-2023 schedule???? Yeah, you are. Yet, you're posting in the 2022-2023 schedule thread. Weird.

Anyway, here’s our non-con schedule…without dates and in no particular order…

@Miami Ohio
Northern Illinois
Ball State
North Dakota State
@USI
Green Bay
@Power Five
Non-D1
Three Games Gulf Coast Showcase

Back