Around The Valley-2020/2021 Edition

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
South Dakota State beat the Bradley Braves in Peoria 88-84. I was pulling for the team that we should be in the same conference as but aren't.

And Evansville hangs on for the win tonight. Led by 15 at halftime over EIU and hung on to win 68-65.

EIU was terrible in the first half and just dug themselves too big of a hole. Evansville does seem to be showing some signs of improvement.

This is kind of reminds of me of the big layoff they had at WIU last year. I think a lot of schools have already been having financial issues and COVID definitely isn't helping. I know I would have zero interest in going to school right now.

That is extinction level event type of cuts.

And they’re not cutting majors like 17th century art theory, they’re cutting physics, computer science, and other very applicable majors.

It seems they’re in some serious trouble.

Watching Ball State/Illinois State until our game tips. Both teams are trading buckets but Ball State has controlled the tempo thus far and are up by 3.

Just realized El-Amin went back to Ball State and didn't transfer. He has like 5-6 and they've now doubled up Illinois State. They don't appear to handle pressure well.

Valpo lost to Central Michigan earlier. It's kind of sad, but I think the MAC is probably a better conference than the MVC is now in basketball. On the plus side SIU beat Murray State last night.

Loyola about to beat UIC. Up by 14 under 4 to go second half.

Drake is absolutely pounding Air Force right now. Up 26 with just over 4 to go in 2nd half.

Evansville is not good. Just watched their first half against SEMO and they're down a couple at home at the half.

Here's Drake's P5 win Kansas State getting rocked by a winless D2 Fort Hays State team. These guys will remember this forever.

Southern Illinois all over Butler. 51-33 in the second half. Butler with some of the worst team defense I’ve ever seen. Just dreadful. Love to watch the bulldogs get taken to the woodshed.

Southern Illinois all over Butler. 51-33 in the second half. Butler with some of the worst team defense I’ve ever seen. Just dreadful. Love to watch the bulldogs get taken to the woodshed.
Just looked at Butler's roster and I don't know any of those guys. Only one I did know was JMM and I'm pretty sure I said I didn't think he'd pan out after seeing him in AAU. Can't remember the last time they had so few Indiana kids. Curious if their fans think they turned their backs on what got them there in the first place?

Back