FB recruits

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Looks like some quality recruits. However, I don't like the message this statement makes from the kid from Jeffersonville. "Stewart said Indiana and Ball State had inquired about him before the football season, but his injuries and the lack of a qualifying SAT score at the time lessened their enthusiasm." :confused:

Jason Penske mentioned these recruits on WTWO tonite and also mentioned a running back transfer from the Univ. of Kentucky.

Looks like some quality recruits. However, I don't like the message this statement makes from the kid from Jeffersonville. "Stewart said Indiana and Ball State had inquired about him before the football season, but his injuries and the lack of a qualifying SAT score at the time lessened their enthusiasm." :confused:

I don't think we can afford to be all that picky at the moment.

I don't think we can afford to be all that picky at the moment.

I agree, however this statement implies that we have lower academic standards than both Ballsack State and IU?

I will say it is encouraging that Miles is shooting for high caliber recruits. I do hope he is not spending too much time on these long-shot recruits that likely will not pan out.

Last edited:
I saw a lot of football recruits at the SIU basketball game. We had a good turnout so hopefully that helped. Coach Miles has hired some coaches with impressive resumes.

I am also hearing some rumors about some nice recruits that have committed. The running back transfer is apparently pretty impressive.

I'd love to hear what is going on with football recruiting. It's been pretty quiet in the media. If anyone out there knows anything, please post it!!!!

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

I will provide any updates that I have on recruits.

Current coaching hires......

Trent Miles - Head Coach

Shannon Jackson - Defensive Coordinator

Troy Johnson - Speacial Teams Coordinator and Linebackers Coach

Ted Unbehagen - Offinsive Line Coach

Coaches being retained

Edmund Jones - Defensive Backs

Kyle Caskey - Recruiting Coordinator

Tim Smith - Offensive Grad Assistant

Also, some pretty impressive recruits are rumored to have commited. Aaron Archey is very impressive. Brock Lough and Koby Kramer from TH South have committed.

Last edited:

Thanks for the update. I'd like to think that Trent will get the football at least to the point where we won't be embarrassed by it anymore! I'm pretty sure he'll do better than that!!!

Keep 'em coming!!!

I think the world of Coach Miles and what he has done thus far. He also mentioned that Coach Jackson is pretty impressive.

I just want to be competitive. It can happen because it has happened.

I'll keep you posted!

Last edited:
I agree. My brother plays football for ISU and he is very frustrated. He thinks the world of Coach Miles and what he has done thus far. He also mentioned that Coach Jackson is pretty impressive.

I just want to be competitive. It can happen because it has happened.

I'll keep you posted!

That's what I thought. I know Dan some what. A church softball league a few years back. I know Matt better.

From Scout.Com

By DAVE BERK
FOOTBALL RECRUITING ANALYST
Date: Sep 13, 2007

"If you?re looking for a prospect in the Class of 2008 going way under the radar, look towards Wyoming High School (Cincinnati, Ohio) defensive end Jordan Bright. While Bright has some physical skills that place him with many of the top prospects in his class, his game is still one under development."

Back