FBS realignment talk is back in season...

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Was reading on a hoops forum that Temple alumni are asking their admin to pick up anchor and go back to the A10.

from a macro-perspective, it would be in their best interests; the football question would arise - the AAC may entertain them as an assoc. member for football (ala the middies) OR they could cast their lots upon the FBS Independent world... doubt they'd be bold like the Vandals of Moscow, ID and step back to FCS... they'd be a natural fit in the CAA

Ohio State and Michigan have it too good in the B10 today

in other conference realignment news...

The American Athletic Conference is on the cusp of expanding; they are examining expansion and expect applications from 6 colleges:

Florida Atlantic
Charlotte
North Texas
UTSA
Rice
UAB

– sources told Yahoo Sports.

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/sources-the-aac-is-close-to-massive-6-school-expansion-to-reshape-conference/ar-AAPGeR0

Not sure how many of those schools the AAC will add (probably 4-6), but Missouri State may get their FBS shot if they really want it in the CUSA. I don't think the CUSA is in a position to poach the Sun Belt this time around.

Not sure how many of those schools the AAC will add (probably 4-6), but Missouri State may get their FBS shot if they really want it in the CUSA. I don't think the CUSA is in a position to poach the Sun Belt this time around.

They really should just merge with the Sun Belt but there is probably too much pride there.

Since that is unlikely, CUSA is in a serious world of shit after all 6 schools applied to move today so you are definitely right. If they were smart, they probably would go after North Dakota and South Dakota State as well, especially if both could become T25 contenders then it could raise the profile of the conference.

Ole WKU getting stuck on an island.

I think WSU were never going to be the masters of their own destiny being an olympic-sport-only member of a conference that valued football above all else. All of the good basketball schools in the old AAC were clearly willing to do whatever they could to make it to a better football conference.

WSU has zero leverage at this point.

Bring ‘em back to the MVC. They would elevate the league profile. And it would be funny, to boot.

Screw Wichita City -- let them whither on the plains of kansas... maybe they become tumbleweed-like and just disappear into the horizon

are they thinking it will be better when the football goes FBS or that the AAC is going to take a dump

there isnt any A-10 football and temple football is a FBS program today

i'll venture that temple is crunching the $$$ and they realize the AAC is NOT a good home for them today - most of their rivals are not in the AAC

there isnt any A-10 football and temple football is a FBS program today

i'll venture that temple is crunching the $$$ and they realize the AAC is NOT a good home for them today - most of their rivals are not in the AAC
I conflated this as the A-Sun. carry on

If Temple goes back to the A10, I think their football will also go back to the MAC. I'm pretty confident that the MAC would take them back. It's not like they're a complete joke like UMASS.

If Temple goes back to the A10, I think their football will also go back to the MAC. I'm pretty confident that the MAC would take them back. It's not like they're a complete joke like UMASS.

It wouldn't move the needle on MAC football

Southern Miss has officially joined the Sun Belt. Marshall, Old Dominion, and James Madison are expected to follow next week. That will leave the CUSA at 5 programs, while the Belt will be at 14 (not including UTA and UALR who are supposedly getting booted).
Big news for JMU... Though given their recent football success, not shocking

For some VA kids, JMU is a 1st choice school and they indoctrinate the frosh - pretty legit retention rate

No competent administration would consider that, especially based on where Missouri State is located in relation to the conference footprint. Literally would be burning even more money.

Back