ISU vs. Evansville

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
well, here we are again, one year later in the EXACT same position ISU was in a year ago. A 4-1 start in the MVC, followed by 2 road losses, and a home date with Evansville.

Last year ISU lost that EU game and then proceeded to lose 3 more games in a row before winning against UNI at home, then losing the rest of it's games until beating Ill. St. in the MVC tourney.

In some way I think this game now becomes even more important than the SIU game at home. If ISU wins here, there at least should not be a long losing streak and the guys will have some confidence before hitting the road for the next 2 games.

However, should they lose? Ugh, I don't want to even dwell on it. Let's just hope for a great crowd and a win Weds. night.

The Evansville release is out, nothing on the ISU site.

http://www.gopurpleaces.com/news/2008/1/22/MBB_0122085528.aspx

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
We MUST beat Evansville. Gabe Moore said it the best when he stated that we feel like we have to beat teams like Evansville twice every year if we want to keep. This is not meant to be a knock on Evansville, but they are struggling and have been in recent years. I do like Evansville's Coach and some of their young players, but I agree with Gabe Moore.

Marty was not the first choice of many people in Evansville, but he has them playing hard. When you think of the tough losses they have had, and how hard they are still battling, it makes you wonder how good they will be in a couple of years when Simmons gets his own guys in there. They could be tough by the end of the decade.....

that first time out call by McKenna must have done something, ISU looks alot better now!

14-6 ISU

looks like a decent crowd, upper level seats have more people than normal.

:sycamores:

Fritz just said UE hasn't scored a FG since the McKenna timeout.

24-7 ISU

27-9 State. This is exactly the type of game we need.

Lay-up by Moore, 29-9. Great game so far....Keep it up BLUE

36-9 ISU now.

Evansville almost won at Bradley the other night, so hopefully ISU can win at Bradley next week.

Does anyone else feel bad for Evansville here???

Last edited:
Ya, I think we outa put in our bench & let 'em make a run or two - just to make the game closer. It's terrible to blow someone out of the gym like this.:(

maybe Lamar Lee will get in, I wonder why he has not been playing again?? Anyone know??

44-14 at the half, unreal.

Ya, I think we outa put in our bench & let 'em make a run or two - just to make the game closer. It's terrible to blow someone out of the gym like this.:(

1st Half - Best in Years!

Worst for UE...but give credit to the Trees! I liked Coach Mac's early TO and adjustment, rather than wait another 5 min to see if they'd "play thru it." He growing & learning how to manage his personnel.

I'm wondering about Lee too, but I guess Cole has moved into the rotation and Lee is out. I hope Lee is doing well in practice.

this will be the fastest ISU has gotten to 5 regular season MVC wins since the 2000-2001 season when they went 22-12

ISU will be tied with Creighton for 3rd after tonight, and if SIU wins they'll be there too.

anyone else think ISU is getting careless in this one?? On video it seems they are.

52-23 ISU

Back