Mark Adams on the changed landscape in college hoops

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
This is a simplistic way to see the new landscape, but could it be possible that moving forward we could see...

Low and Mid Majors filled heavier with Freshman and Sophomore rosters while High Majors will be Junior and Senior heavy as they poach from Mid Majors with that promise of big "NIL" money.

And obviously, the blue chip freshmen continue to go to the high majors per usual.

This is a simplistic way to see the new landscape, but could it be possible that moving forward we could see...

Low and Mid Majors filled heavier with Freshman and Sophomore rosters while High Majors will be Junior and Senior heavy as they poach from Mid Majors with that promise of big "NIL" money.

And obviously, the blue chip freshmen continue to go to the high majors per usual.
This is exactly what I see happening as well. Most upperclassmen at mid / low major schools will be ones that didn't shine as underclassmen, JUCO transfers, or D2 transfers.

Water seeks it's level. People also like to do FOIA on university accounts. I'm not sure how laundry gets done everywhere, but is possible that in the rush to do things quickly, an audit will be done on a company and the bottom falls out on some tax evasion. Just a thought.

In the same breath, I wish all the athletes every opportunity to make money. How long before the first company has to come out and fire a student athlete because of this-that-or-the-other? 2 years?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Back