So who is coming back and who's leaving

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Coop averaged damn near 40 min per game in the conference and I never once questioned if we was giving full effort. He was the only glue we had last season.

There’s a difference between dedication and being somewhat limited athletically as well as staying fresh while playing those minutes.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Things I've read on sycamorepride today:

1. Neese isn't starting 5 games this season.
2. Gibson has Neese's handles, Larry's shot, and Bledson's athletic ability. (I believe that creates the worst player in D1 history)
3. Mervis is in the portal

what a day

are-you.gif

I feel like you are assuming our commitment and dedication ratings for Cooper are 0/10. I rate Cooper as 10/10 dedicated to ISU and 7/10 committed to basketball. I think he was a 10 when he got here, but sometimes life happens.

You’re exactly right - life does happen to all of these college athletes. I actually think the opposite of you though. I think when he got here he was very immature, wasn’t a leader, didn’t go to class and didn’t take care of his body like a D1 college athlete should. All of this would lead one to question an athletes “commitment”. He’s coming back for an additional year - he could have moved on with LIFE as you put it complete if he wasn’t committed. I think he has matured quite a bit, he’s a leader now, he doesn’t skip class and he takes care of his body. So while life happens and I don’t know Cooper personally - he doesn’t appear to be someone who is 70% in. The guy is literally coming back to play an additional year for an 11 win team. If you were slightly not committed to #BallisLife then an 11 win team would be an easy excuse to move on.

You’re exactly right - life does happen to all of these college athletes. I actually think the opposite of you though. I think when he got here he was very immature, wasn’t a leader, didn’t go to class and didn’t take care of his body like a D1 college athlete should. All of this would lead one to question an athletes “commitment”. He’s coming back for an additional year - he could have moved on with LIFE as you put it complete if he wasn’t committed. I think he has matured quite a bit, he’s a leader now, he doesn’t skip class and he takes care of his body. So while life happens and I don’t know Cooper personally - he doesn’t appear to be someone who is 70% in. The guy is literally coming back to play an additional year for an 11 win team. If you were slightly not committed to #BallisLife then an 11 win team would be an easy excuse to move on.
Good point on the maturation stuff.

I'm not a basketball coach. I was a 3-time state champion softball coach and coached a team to #13 in the nation. And I was dorm runner-up in ping pong and I won a dorm euchre tournament.
I did not enter the egg or hot dog eating contest, though. And I'm not a bad cook. But, best of all, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Last edited:

You're referring to his Sophomore year MVC second team selection but not his Junior year ACC second team selection? Interesting.
Gotta admit...didn't know he was 2nd team ACC as well. The only Laravia ACC data I had came from this site and one watched game in the ACC tourney.

Thanks for posting this, I can't access this article. Is there anyone else out there who has recent draft stuff out there? Almost all the stuff I see is a month old. I did find this evaluation, updated a week ago, that matches most of what i've seen.

There's a big difference between saying here are the 60 best prospects and saying here is how I think each team will draft. For Jake to be drafted he needs a team with a selection who views him as the best option for whatever need they have. This is why every single year there are still guys in the green room or whatever its called (has covid eliminated this?) looking stupid when the 1st round, or the entire draft, is over.

The draft combine is in 2 weeks and we'll know alot more after that. I'm guessing Jake will get his combine invite soon.

Back