Wonder who Miles has in mind to replace Minter?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
This will be an interesting hire. I'm assuming Shannon Jackson is remaining the defensive coordinator, so we'll be in the market for a linebackers coach. We also had PJ Volker as outside linebackers coach, so if he was up for the task, maybe he is "promoted" so to speak and we go for a different position coach? Anyone heard anything?

Trent Miles - Head Coach
Shannon Jackson - Defensive Coordinator
Steve Englehart - Offensive Coordinator/QB/RB
Harold Etheridge - Offensive Line/Special Teams
Jesse Minter - Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Secondary
Rick Minter - Linebackers
Luke Powell - Wide Receivers
Mike Simmonds - Offensive Line
PJ Volker - Outside Linebackers
Jeff Burrow - Defensive Secondary
Clayton Dever - Offensive Assistant

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I have a feeling that Trent has people in mind all the time.....

especially when it comes to replacing Minter. He knew that Minter wouldn't be there very long.

I remember that coach Raetz always had a list/file in his desk with names of prospective coaches. He would update it all the time. So when one coach left, he would always have somebody in mind within minutes.

I would expect Volker just gets a promotion but considering our outside linebackers are rush ends, I would like to us to grab one of those many young coaches out there lol

I would imagine that FCS schools are on the trickle down policy. We would do good to get a coach from a D1 school that maybe lost a job and is between jobs.

I would imagine that FCS schools are on the trickle down policy. We would do good to get a coach from a D1 school that maybe lost a job and is between jobs.
I would imagine this as well. You've still got major openings available, so until all of the FBS dust settles, no point in offering a job to anyone.

I know there are a few assistant coaches in limbo from Miami of Ohio...we need not worry, I'm sure Trent knows what he needs and has been working the phones-

Powell??

Heard that he was gone, looked at Website and he is not on Coaches page anymore. Anyone have any idea where he went?

Heard that he was gone, looked at Website and he is not on Coaches page anymore. Anyone have any idea where he went?
I've heard from a couple people that he is done coaching and looking to get into the business world.

Trent Miles - Head Coach
Steve Englehart - Offensive Coordinator/QB/RB
PJ Volker -Outside Linebackers
Jeff Burrow - Defensive Secondary
Clayton Dever - Video Coordinator

From what we saw/heard, PJ Volker is now the recruiting coordinator, and I believe Coach Miles has a few people in mind to add one or two coaches--time will tell.

So with Burrow's announcement at Kent State, here is how we look before title changes:

Trent Miles - Head Coach
Steve Englehart - Offensive Coordinator/QB
Greg Barrett - Running Backs/Tight Ends/Special Teams
PJ Volker -Outside Linebackers
Clayton Dever - Video Coordinator

Back