'10 IN RB Shakir Bell (Indiana State Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

This is excellent! Showtime, I'm not sure of the depth you are speaking about at RB--I thought other the Darrius Gates, we were pretty thin and needed a good feature back in this recruiting class. Looks like they got one. Did any of the Freshman RBs redshirt last season? That would provide good depth.

I dont know if any redshirted, but I know Luke Harris played special teams, but is also a great running back. There should be another senior RB Kenny Smith....Im not saying Shakir is not gonna play, Im saying if he comes in and competes he could be the tandum back with Darrius. I really would like to see Shakir on kick return, for as quick as that kid is, it would be like having Darren Sprolls back there.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I dont know if any redshirted, but I know Luke Harris played special teams, but is also a great running back. There should be another senior RB Kenny Smith....Im not saying Shakir is not gonna play, Im saying if he comes in and competes he could be the tandum back with Darrius. I really would like to see Shakir on kick return, for as quick as that kid is, it would be like having Darren Sprolls back there.

Kenny Smith plays CB. The other RB Stefanik is no longer with the team. Currently, we have three RB's Gates, Harris, and now Bell. However, Rumor is that because of personel and recent transfers, a West Coast offense is coming, which means many one RB sets, so Lough and FB Williams would get some snaps back there as well I would assume.

are we sure shakir's committment is solid?

...i've seen some websites that say shakir hasn't committed to indiana state as of yet....who's right????...just checking......

i hope that you're right.....

...but there is a guy on gridiron digest.com...that keeps saying shakir bell hasn't committed to indiana state.....so i wanted to make sure.....

Yea i saw the same thing but I know the O'leary family and they went on the weekend visit together and Chris said that Shakir committed.

here's my concern.....

we havent seen anything in the indy star about bell committing to indiana state.....they usually have that in there pretty quickly after a kid commits....the high school coach or someone at the high school usually calls that in...or someone in the family....but i havent seen anything....unless i missed it...

i guess that i'm concerned because he's such a talented running back....i'm nervous that perhaps another school will swoop in at the last minute...and try to sign him....remember folks...verbals aren't binding.....

so until i see his name on an official list of indiana state football recruits...excuse me for being a tad nervous about it.....lol....

I hope he comes to ISU. The problem, even if he's committed, is that there's still 2 weeks until signing day. Things start to shake out now and even after signing day, and some of the D1 schools will have scholarships open up. Let's hope he actually signs on the 3rd. The plus is that I think he's see playing time right away here.

Where did Stefanik go? Wasn't he the long snapper also? I liked him.

the long snapper was the late recruit that they brought in from alabama....

at least he was the long snapper earlier in the season...i thought that he finished up the year doing that.....

guy at gridiron digest.com sticks to his guns....still says bell hasn't committed....

to indiana state university....

ravens3952

"Shakir Bell is going to have several more options before signing day."

I'm going with O'Leary. He was there and obviously witnessed the commitment. Hope springs eternal...

Today's IndyStar says that Shakir Bell is "undecided" on a college choice....

According to an article in today's (Wednesday, January 27, 2010) Indy Star sports section.....Shakir Bell is "undecided" on his college choice....

The note was part of a high school notebook on page B8.....Plainfield offensive lineman James Hurst and Shakir Bell have both been named to Parade Magazine's 47th annual All-America High School Football team.

So it was just as I had feared....he might have "committed" while at ISU or after just visiting....but he either changed his mind after he got back to Indy...or somebody (or somebodies) have gotten to him and tried to get him to change his mind....anyways....now it's up in the air....let's all hope for the best.....

Last edited:
Somebody is giving him poor advice. ISU will support his academics, and he will be a stud RB in the MVC! We need Shakir!!!

Granted we have a selfish point of view but I think you're right. A chance to play Div I ball and possibly start right away... Close to home where friends and family can see you play.

Not to mention that the cream always rises to the top... you can go to the NFL from I-AA...just ask Joe Flacco...

I trust we are ok

I am sure that Coach Miles has the RB position ok with or without Bell. As other have said we have other backs are of same quality. Harris - All State, North-South All Star team, led state per IHSAA website in yards per carry senior year, 4.45 40 at Cinncinnati Senior camp, 6' 215lbs. Gates- he has shiftiness, quickness, and has proven that he has ability. Others that are athletes already in fold. These have already shown committment both on and off the field.

I am sure that Coach Miles has the RB position ok with or without Bell. As other have said we have other backs are of same quality. Harris - All State, North-South All Star team, led state per IHSAA website in yards per carry senior year, 4.45 40 at Cinncinnati Senior camp, 6' 215lbs. Gates- he has shiftiness, quickness, and has proven that he has ability. Others that are athletes already in fold. These have already shown committment both on and off the field.

Good point

Back