'18 IN PG Jalen Moore (Oakland)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

What makes you feel that way?

He’s a 6’1 point guard who’s a super athlete. I’m not sure his exact numbers, but he’s probably averaging 15 points but where he excels is he’s probably close to averaging double digit rebounds and an earlier article in the tribune said he gets around 2.5 blocks per game. He had 28 and 15 against North , then 13/13/6 with 5 blocks and 5 steals their next game.

Washington is probably a better player and has been a good-great player for 4 years but Porters a late bloomer. I’d say he may end up at a JC so he’s one to keep an eye on.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Another Indy Star report and a video of Jalen

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/02/08/indiana-high-school-basketball-experiencing-scoring-explosion/315601002/
IHSAA basketball in throes of scoring explosion

He’s a 6’1 point guard who’s a super athlete. I’m not sure his exact numbers, but he’s probably averaging 15 points but where he excels is he’s probably close to averaging double digit rebounds and an earlier article in the tribune said he gets around 2.5 blocks per game. He had 28 and 15 against North , then 13/13/6 with 5 blocks and 5 steals their next game.

Washington is probably a better player and has been a good-great player for 4 years but Porters a late bloomer. I’d say he may end up at a JC so he’s one to keep an eye on.

All of that is true! Little back story on Porter. In 7th grade he was about 4 foot 10, everyone called him baby Craig lol He had a high skill level then and started, but I never projected him to do much given his height and also given the fact he was not academically eligible to play in 8th,9th, or 10th grade. He was not a bad kid to coach.. but didn't have much guidance outside of school and kind of hung around some kids who brought him down..I have not kept in contact with him through the years like some others. Someone has obviously gotten through to him though and I have heard he doesn't hang with some of the ones that were a poor influence on him in years past. At 6'2 and a plus athlete he is a low to mid major D1 prospect in my mind..He probably needs to go to prep school or JC route first and continue to stay on the straight and narrow path. Would be kind of a cool success story given what hand he was dealt in life.

Last edited:

Ya, this kid may be molded in the "image of Odum" as far as mental toughness. My good friend, who's the #1 IHSAA Official in the Wabash Valley and KNOWS the game, says Porter "hates to lose, is long and can get up (leaping ability) quickly." We'll see how he develops...

Last edited:
Ya, this kid may be molded in the "image of Odum" as far as mental toughness. My good friend, who's the #1 IHSAA Official in the Wabash Valley and KNOWS the game, says Porter "hates to lose, is long and can get up (leaping ability) quickly." We'll see how he develops...

Who in your opinion is the #1 official in the Valley? I hope Porter does develop to the best he can be.

Your the expert, who is it? You picked __!

LOL - so what's your EDUCATED guess? Do you have any idea what I classify as "educated" in the world of IHSAA officiating?
Come on now...let's see what's inside the "Rat"...how long have you been in the WVOA?

Last edited:
LOL - so what's your EDUCATED guess? Do you have any idea what I classify as "educated" in the world of IHSAA officiating?
Come on now...let's see what's inside the "Rat"...how long have you been in the WVOA?

Again your the expert, you tell me, what’s the matter, you started this. Again your the expert its your definition of educated, it does not matter to me what you define it as. But I am in interested who is your #1.

Why do you ask about the Wvoa? How about you?

Don't mention him with Odum unless he can score almost 40 against Ben Davis and Carmel and can handle the ball really, really well.

Don't mention him with Odum unless he can score almost 40 against Ben Davis and Carmel and can handle the ball really, really well.

'Backer, can't you read? I clearly qualified my statement by mentioning "mental toughness" as a sole criteria...

I've never seen the kid play, and am only gauging my comments based upon what Southgrad07 & my long-term IHSAA official friend has stated.

As far as the "#1 IHSAA Basketball Official in the Wabash Valley," those who've been in TH for the last 25 yrs. know who I'm referencing. If you don't, then do your homework.

Last edited:
'Backer, can't you read? I clearly qualified my statement by mentioning "mental toughness" as a sole criteria...

I've never seen the kid play, and am only gauging my comments based upon what Southgrad07 & my long-term IHSAA official friend has stated.

As far as the "#1 IHSAA Basketball Official in the Wabash Valley," those who've been in TH for the last 25 yrs. know who I'm referencing. If you don't, then do your homework.

Bank if he is number 1 in the Valley who is he. I can think of a number who are #1 past and present. To name one would be misleading. But I don’t understand why you won’t name him if you feel that way. To name him might give your line of reasoning more credibility. But his quote does not indicate the kid is the best in the Valley. It indicates the kid is a good player.

Bank if he is number 1 in the Valley who is he. I can think of a number who are #1 past and present. To name one would be misleading. But I don’t understand why you won’t name him if you feel that way. To name him might give your line of reasoning more credibility. But his quote does not indicate the kid is the best in the Valley. It indicates the kid is a good player.

Porter "hates to lose, is long and can get up (leaping ability) quickly." - statement doesn't gauge his overall ability or state he's the best in the WV, simply highlights three (3) characteristics which are indigenous to good HS players. I only added this because it adds flavor to the information previously cited by Southgrad07.

Last edited:
Back