'18 IN PG Jalen Moore (Oakland)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Know the kid- know the family- love them all- negative- come on guys he's 5'8" and shoots it every time- who needs that and wants that. If he was worthy Cooper would let coaches know and we would recruit him. Guys find us a player who is a Div. 1 player and not someone of this calibre. that's a fact and put it in spades. Go sycamores.

I've said before, maybe or maybe not an ISU level player. My surprise is merely that here is a kid in the state of Indiana who has scored over 2,000 points, is averaging around 40 points a game,......and NO offers. None (at least that I could find).

USI, Trine, Indianapolis,....none of these schools think he could help them? Maybe he isn't a D1 talent, but I find it hard to believe no college is interested in a 2,000 point scorer, that's all. Just shocking to me.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Coach 72 maybe right! I was going off based on the game I watched,his stats, and being a Junior All Star. In fact he out scored Neese in the game I saw. He can shoot and score. And he seems to be having a good Senior year. His height could be a problem?

Know the kid- know the family- love them all- negative- come on guys he's 5'8" and shoots it every time- who needs that and wants that. If he was worthy Cooper would let coaches know and we would recruit him. Guys find us a player who is a Div. 1 player and not someone of this calibre. that's a fact and put it in spades. Go sycamores.

Cooper has been tweeting about him quite a bit lately... pushing for offers.

Thanks again his skills were impressive to me and confirmed by Neese.

Speed? Quickness? Vertical? Physical build? Ability to play defense?

Must have a # of features to compensate for being 5' 8"...

Like ol' Tot Nelson (Castle HS Varsity Coach) said to me in '68 after watching his Student Mgr. burn the nets from 25',"If you were 6'3" you'd be in my starting lineup."

Last edited:
Speed? Quickness? Vertical? Physical build? Ability to play defense?

Must have a # of features to compensate for being 5' 8"...

Like ol' Tot Nelson (Castle HS Varsity Coach) said to me in '68 after watching his Student Mgr. burn the nets from 25',"If you were 6'3" you'd be in my starting lineup."

Are you saying he doesn’t have any of those skills? He is also not a Student Manager but was a Indiana Junior All Star big difference.

Are you saying he doesn’t have any of those skills? He is also not a Student Manager but was a Indiana Junior All Star big difference.

I haven't seen the kid play, but given the fact that he's a SENIOR and has NO OFFERS, maybe he'd be better off if he'd been a STUDENT MGR.

Surely Neese brought the attention of a few recruiters LAST season, when "Mighty Mouse" was a Jr. All-Star. It all adds up.
What type of competition does Cloverdale play?

Last edited:
I haven't seen the kid play, but given the fact that he's a SENIOR and has NO OFFERS, maybe he'd be better off if he'd been a STUDENT MGR.

Surely Neese brought the attention of a few recruiters LAST season, when "Mighty Mouse" was a Jr. All-Star. It all adds up.
What type of competition does Cloverdale play?

Incredile analyis student manager vs Junior AllStar. Are you making the comparison because you were a student manger in School? Did he not play in the Terre Haute Holiday Tournaments this year and last year. He also plays in the same type of competition that Neese has and did. That’s the type of competition he has played in. Why is Neese pulling for him?

'68 was a few yrs. back. Life hasn't been stagnant.

If he's such a "phenom," why doesn't your son latch onto him down @ Las Cruces?

His interests would be best served to be marketing himself among Div III schools, where he might get some PT and financial assistance (if he's academically qualified). His 2nd option would be JC, where he can see how he stacks up against higher caliber competition.

Is he "marketing" himself? Athletic resume & game footage against GOOD competition?

Last edited:
'68 was a few yrs. back. Life hasn't been stagnant.

If he's such a "phenom," why doesn't your son latch onto him down @ Las Cruces?

His interests would be best served to be marketing himself among Div III schools, where he might get some PT and financial assistance (if he's academically qualified). His 2nd option would be JC, where he can see how he stacks up against higher caliber competition.

Is he "marketing" himself? Athletic resume & game footage against GOOD competition?

Glad life isn’t stagnant, that’s fairly normal and I hope your life is good.

No one ever called him a “phenom”, you obviously don’t feel he is but you were unclear for never have seeming him play. Maybe he has. Sometimes that’s the way recruiting happens. You don’t tell others who you are after.

For never having seem him play you seem to know at what level he can play at? Maybe you should become an agent who can get him a scholarship or grant?

You keep mentioning good competition and I explained to you the level he has played at but you ignore it “The Valley “, which you don’t consider that “Good”.

Last edited:
I’m sure his only being 5-8 is the biggest reason he’s not getting offers. We have two of the best guards in the conference, but they are undersized and it definitely causes matchup problems defensively. As guard heavy as we are, we’re not gonna recruit another who’s only 5’8”

Hey Rat' don't let Bank get under your skin, that's all he's got "turmoil".......nothing new here,

Don't get caught in the Mill Dam turbulence, Willie. Besides, I thought you were spawned in the "calm waters" of downtown NTH. Must be a GL fan club @ Elm Grove Tavern, w/ another potential ISU Asst. Coach waiting in the wings.

Last edited:
Bank that is classic wording, you are the best. I’m going to sleep on this thread. No one can change your opinion and that is is good, stay negative.

Be cool,Bank. Wishing you blue skies and green lights, as we say in the old “Region “.

Thanks Bluebill, life is good.

Last edited:
I’m sure his only being 5-8 is the biggest reason he’s not getting offers. We have two of the best guards in the conference, but they are undersized and it definitely causes matchup problems defensively. As guard heavy as we are, we’re not gonna recruit another who’s only 5’8”

There are hundreds of 5'8" kids playing D2/D3 ball. I still believe there has to be something else here. The kid can fill it up and D2/D3 coaches would be tripping over their dicks to sign a kid like that.

The fact that he has no offers from anyone -- we'd know if he did because they'd be all over social media -- is just odd.

There are hundreds of 5'8" kids playing D2/D3 ball. I still believe there has to be something else here. The kid can fill it up and D2/D3 coaches would be tripping over their dicks to sign a kid like that.

The fact that he has no offers from anyone -- we'd know if he did because they'd be all over social media -- is just odd.

Nice deflection, but Bank needs to reply. Not odd!

Agree on the D2 &3. I was talking more D1

Agree on the D2 &3. I was talking more D1

That's kinda the point here though. It's pretty late in the process for 2018 recruits since we're well past early signing day and coming close the the close. Usually, D2/D3 coaches won't offer kids until the first period closes. Here in Indiana, they usually have the Top 100 event in Indy during the Summer where a lot of those lower level programs watch kids. The fact that he isn't inundated with offers from IWU, IU-Kokomo, Anderson, Manchester, etc, even if he is determined to play D1 is curious.

How often do you see an All-State, Indiana Jr All-Star and 2,000 point scorer from Indiana have 0 offers?

Back