'18 IN PG Jalen Moore (Oakland)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Had to look up the kid real quick. Says he is averaging 38 this year after 8 games. He averaged 27 I believe last year. Real nice handles and ++++ vision with +++++ passing. His height is probably what is keeping him from being a high major recruit. I'm sure there are some sycamorepriders that can give an in depth breakdown on him.

I also assumed it was mostly due to height.

I looked him up last year when we were recruiting Neese and he had zero offers at that time which I found surprising based on his stats.

Any other year I'd think we'd be interested. But, we are pretty deep at that position with 3 more highly touted guards next year. Plus, they are bigger. We need BIGS.

9/30 against Linton (?) is "lighting it up?" :dead:

Great "team play," though.

Last edited:
That’s one game, what were the other games and as I stated the games in the Classic Tournament. What were the Total Points? Was also a Junior All Star last year.

Last edited:

Can't find any offers, including Div II.

Either he is a well kept secret, or all the Div I schools in Indiana know something we don't.

Based on his scoring and stats, you would think he would have SOME offers. It can't be all about his height, he isn't much different from Zavier Turner and he was certainly a Div I talent.

Last edited:
My 1 remaining Clovers contact describes Moore as a 5'8" scoring machine. Seems to have an ok attitude. Had no info about the kid's grades.

Saw him play when Neese was a senior. I reffed the JV game. He is a player with great shooting range and lights up. D1 talent go watch him play.

Can't find any offers, including Div II.

Either he is a well kept secret, or all the Div I schools in Indiana know something we don't.

Based on his scoring and stats, you would think he would have SOME offers. It can't be all about his height, he isn't much different from Zavier Turner and he was certainly a Div I talent.

Obviously there is something. He had college coaches flocking to his games when Neese was being recruited by mid and high majors and all of those guys talk amongst the fraternity. Even at 5'8", if he can fill it up, he'd still be getting offers so there has to be more to the story.

Kid just passed 2,000 points for his career last night.

Unless there is something nefarious in his off the court life, I am surprised we haven't at least reached out to him, offered him a PWO if nothing else. Much to gain and little to lose if he would accept it.

Crazy to think a kid has 2000 points in his high school career and I can't find one offer for him to play at the next level.

And former teammate of Cooper Neese.

I think that's part of the reason I'm incredibly surprised we haven't offered...he and Cooper obviously played well together, seems like it'd be a great opportunity. Not to mention he would probably redshirt.

Know the kid- know the family- love them all- negative- come on guys he's 5'8" and shoots it every time- who needs that and wants that. If he was worthy Cooper would let coaches know and we would recruit him. Guys find us a player who is a Div. 1 player and not someone of this calibre. that's a fact and put it in spades. Go sycamores.

Back