[December 16, 2023] Indiana State (9-1) vs Ball State (8-2)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I mean I’d be shocked if Ricks Garage doesn’t have the game on. They’ve been pretty strong supporters of Indiana State the last couple of years. I’d also venture to guess Copper Bar will have it, Charlie’s maybe and BW3’s more than likely.

I don’t think this game will have as good of a crowd as some are anticipating but could be wrong…

I can’t imagine a bunch of PU and Zona fans really caring too much about Indiana State vs Ball State. Maybe some will want to arrive early. But I imagine most will be pre-gaming at local establishments.

I don’t think this game will have as good of a crowd as some are anticipating but could be wrong…

I can’t imagine a bunch of PU and Zona fans really caring too much about Indiana State vs Ball State. Maybe some will want to arrive early. But I imagine most will be pre-gaming at local establishments.
I’d expect close to a full house for our 2nd half, but hopefully we’re blowing them out at that point.

Kind of interesting comments from the Ball State coach after his game against SIU-E. He said that Gainbridge Fieldhouse is owned by a Ball State alum and that they should of picked a different opponent for the game. They played Illinois State last year. He meant it as a compliment for us and that he essentially doesn't want to get his assed kicked in-front of so many people. But I just found it interesting that they "picked" us, I assumed it was a mutual but apparently not.

Kind of interesting comments from the Ball State coach after his game against SIU-E. He said that Gainbridge Fieldhouse is owned by a Ball State alum and that they should of picked a different opponent for the game. They played Illinois State last year. He meant it as a compliment for us and that he essentially doesn't want to get his assed kicked in-front of so many people. But I just found it interesting that they "picked" us, I assumed it was a mutual but apparently not.

Has Lewis fallen and struck his head? Gainbridge Fieldhouse is owned by the City of Indianapolis... This is definitely news, that the City of Indianapolis is an ISU_Muncee graduate... Lewis likely meant Gainbridge Insurance is owned by an ISU_M graduate... though given Lewis' "education" -- who knows what he's referring to...

Has Lewis fallen and struck his head? Gainbridge Fieldhouse is owned by the City of Indianapolis... This is definitely news, that the City of Indianapolis is an ISU_Muncee graduate... Lewis likely meant Gainbridge Insurance is owned by an ISU_M graduate... though given Lewis' "education" -- who knows what he's referring to...
So I had to go back and watch the video and just make sure I heard him right and he said "it's an outstanding arena...owned by an alum."

So I had to go back and watch the video and just make sure I heard him right and he said "it's an outstanding arena...owned by an alum."

Thanks -- MAYBE lil' Mikey is convinced the current Mayor of Indianapolis or the President of the Capitol Improvement Board (of Indianapolis) "owns" the Fieldhouse... I've met a number of folks who believe that about different state properties, federal properties... that those 'leaders' personnally own those properties while in that position...

OR maybe lil' Mikey is referring to HIS alma mater as he, the current mayor and CIB Pres are all parolees of that reform institution in monroe county.

I remain convinced that Lewis is suffering after effects of... "time served in Jasper and Gloomington."

I was surprised to see former Sycamore Assistant/South Vermillion Wildcat, Lou Gudino is an assistant at Ball State.

Fired up for Saturday. Relatives coming in Saturday --- Good. Can't go to the game -- Bad. So trying to set up Peacock on our new LG TV -- not as easy as it suppose to be -- another story. But looking at Peacock site I cannot find any reference to showing the ISU vs BSU game.. Yes the Purdue game is listed but not our game. So talked to John Sherman -- good conversation but he could not find it on the site.
Actually called Indy Sports Corp and spoke with someone who sounded very young. He said
"I believe the game is on Peacock .......let me check" Came back "It should be on" I said "Should be on or is on ?" He said "Is on" ---- but he did not sound convincing to me.
So if you already have Peacock, can anyone confirm they can actually see it listed on the site to be shown ???

Fired up for Saturday. Relatives coming in Saturday --- Good. Can't go to the game -- Bad. So trying to set up Peacock on our new LG TV -- not as easy as it suppose to be -- another story. But looking at Peacock site I cannot find any reference to showing the ISU vs BSU game.. Yes the Purdue game is listed but not our game. So talked to John Sherman -- good conversation but he could not find it on the site.
Actually called Indy Sports Corp and spoke with someone who sounded very young. He said
"I believe the game is on Peacock .......let me check" Came back "It should be on" I said "Should be on or is on ?" He said "Is on" ---- but he did not sound convincing to me.
So if you already have Peacock, can anyone confirm they can actually see it listed on the site to be shown ???
Confirmed

IMG_3405.jpeg

I mean I’d be shocked if Ricks Garage doesn’t have the game on. They’ve been pretty strong supporters of Indiana State the last couple of years. I’d also venture to guess Copper Bar will have it, Charlie’s maybe and BW3’s more than likely.
Is the Bally not a thing anymore?

Saw on the BSU board a member said that he bought courtside tickets for the 2 games last year for $145. He said this year the cheapest and closest he could find to those seats were $450 back in September. Now it's over $1000 each.

Ticketmaster doesn't have a single ticket available.
Stubhub has the cheapest tickets at about $85 (nose bleed sections) and down near the court going from anywhere from $600-$2,600

I guess the point is, with people spending so much money for these games I would think they would be more inclined to go to both games to get their moneys worth. Especially now that we are getting national interest. I mean even if half the fans show up for our game that's about 9,000 people.

Saw on the BSU board a member said that he bought courtside tickets for the 2 games last year for $145. He said this year the cheapest and closest he could find to those seats were $450 back in September. Now it's over $1000 each.

Ticketmaster doesn't have a single ticket available.
Stubhub has the cheapest tickets at about $85 (nose bleed sections) and down near the court going from anywhere from $600-$2,600

I guess the point is, with people spending so much money for these games I would think they would be more inclined to go to both games to get their moneys worth. Especially now that we are getting national interest. I mean even if half the fans show up for our game that's about 9,000 people.
Most people in big 10 cities probably don't know anything about us.

National attention on us this weekend. Hopefully we don't crap our pants as we should win by 30.

Back