Fudōtokuna: $chertz to $LU

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Indy Star should pull his ass from the championship game. What a bad look, dude is a clown and I’m glad to see HCJS call him out

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, however, that to me sounds like someone who hasn’t entirely made up his mind yet.

If the cat is that far out of the bag at this point that he was in fact headed to SLU why even bother addressing the rumor at all?
Weird situation. Whether Doyel wrote anything true or not true, he didn't really say anything that wasn't a strong rumor to begin with.

I can't imagine what these last 4 weeks have been like for Schertz and everyone in the program

Listen to that interview from this morning. The host said Doyel had a private conversation with Coach after the game and that he was told JS and half the team are headed to SLU, and Doyel said, "Yeah...". He's lying through his teeth.

Listen to that interview from this morning. He said he had a private conversation with Coach after the game and that he was told JS and half the team are headed to SLU. He's lying through his teeth.
And doubling down. Such an odd move. He needs to go do some reporting on the Colts or something

1hr 12 min markish he starts talking

Greg D said "JS and half his team is gone unless something changes" he also made this observation
"let's not get mad at the guy who's been talking to Saint Louis as the season has went on, lets get mad at the reporter reporting it"

Ticks me off he mentioned it later in that interview again the misinformation about JS salary going up by 4 times..I love how all of these "reporters" go and get exact figures of what someone like STL is offering, but they only go off of what JS made this season...The reality of the situation is ISU stepped it up big time..Like easily tops of the MVC big time..Is it STL? no not quite...but its at least in the same ballpark when you consider cost of living and whatnot...It isn't 4 times, 3 times, or even 2 times as much that STL is offering compared to ISU...

https://1075thefan.com/the-wake-up-call-1075-the-fan/

Last edited:
And doubling down. Such an odd move. He needs to go do some reporting on the Colts or something

25auvv.jpg

Maybe reading comprehension isn't my strong suit, but Doyel has a lengthy passage in quotation marks where he quotes HCJS as saying NO decision has been made and HCJS wants to make a decision not clouded by emotion...Doyel then praises HCJS for having the right answer with no lies. Earlier in the article, he mentions the rumor that HCJS and at least 4 players are going to STL...doesn't mention a source there.

From the article:

Here’s what he told me late Tuesday night.

“I never, ever talk about a job other than the one I have,” he said, “but I know that’s on everybody’s mind. The reality is, I’m going to take a day when the season’s over, make a decision, and everybody we’ve communicated with knows that’s kind of the plan of it. I know everybody’s speculating, but at the end of the day we’ll finish the season and obviously play to Thursday — which I’m looking forward to — and then take a day. I don’t want to make an emotional decision. I’m going to take a day and lock in on what I want to do and then decide what’s best.”

Coaches everywhere, print that out. Because that’s how you handle a situation as delicate as this. Schertz made no promises and told no lies, and said nothing to alienate either school.

Directly from Josh Schertz mouth.

In regards to leaving/players following

From earlier in the article:

Schertz or his agent — a distinction that matters more to Schertz and his agent than it should to you and me — has been in talks with Saint Louis about its coaching vacancy since shortly after Indiana State’s loss to Drake in the Missouri Valley Conference tournament March 10. That was almost a month ago, and I'm told Schertz has indicated to Saint Louis he’s coming. It’s an open secret in the Sycamores’ locker room that four of their five starters would most likely follow him to Saint Louis. The one player not going? Julian Larry.

Doesn't mention a source. Told by WHO? Doesn't say HCJS.

So, here, I think Doyel is relating one of the random rumors that folks quote as fact in this portion of the article. The other portion is a direct quote from Coach where Coach absolutely gives the correct answer and Doyel rightly praises him for it.

So maybe Doyel or the guys on the radio mix some things up? Doyel's tweet appears to be discussing the "everyone's leaving" portion of the story.

Last edited:

It’s crap Journalism and click bait at its finest, he’s trying to combine the conversation with HCJS and his “sources” in one article to get clicks. It’s the modern “newspaper writer”.

We will all know what’s going to happen in the next 48-72hrs. Let’s go win a championship and pray that everything the sycamore community, and donors have done resonate enough with HCJS to keep him here at least another year.

It’s crap Journalism and click bait at its finest, he’s trying to combine the conversation with HCJS and his “sources” in one article to get clicks. It’s the modern “newspaper writer”.

We will all know what’s going to happen in the next 48-72hrs. Let’s go win a championship and pray that everything the sycamore community, and donors have done resonate enough with HCJS to keep him here at least another year.
If true, I would say the fact that Josh Schertz is still mulling the decision and trying to take care of business ON COURT right now as his focus speaks volumes about just ONE of the many reasons we'd like him to stay.

I hope we don't lose our recruits. I really like the Mich kid's versatility.

I checked and SLU returns 5 of their 6 top scorers.

You said 5 of their top 6 return. Their two leading scorers are in the portal, third is graduated, and fifth left the team in January.

There’s not much left on their roster. Their 4th leading scorer is 265lb Center that has never hit a 3 pointer in his 3 year career. Not sure how he would fit with JS. Not to mention he’s at his 3rd college in 3 years.

He would literally be in rebuild mode at a new school. He’s smarter than this.

You said 5 of their top 6 return. Their two leading scorers are in the portal, third is graduated, and fifth left the team in January.

There’s not much left on their roster. Their 4th leading scorer is 265lb Center that has never hit a 3 pointer in his 3 year career. Not sure how he would fit with JS. Not to mention he’s at his 3rd college in 3 years.

He would literally be in rebuild mode at a new school. He’s smarter than this.
I didn't know. Not showing them here: https://verbalcommits.com/conferences/atlantic-10

Back