ISU football fans numbed into indifference by long pattern of losing

ISUCC

The Odum Level
I see NOTHING wrong with this column, it's sad yes, but it's all true. I think it's great that it was written, this guy got to the point. ISU has a long, long ways to go before it's more than a "member" of the Gateway conference. If this guy thinks this season (and the past 17 seasons) have been bad wait till next year with 2 new schools to compete against. One of them, NDSU, absolutely destroyed Central Michigan of the MAC 44-14 AT CMU on Saturday.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
I see NOTHING wrong with this column, it's sad yes, but it's all true. I think it's great that it was written, this guy got to the point. ISU has a long, long ways to go before it's more than a "member" of the Gateway conference. If this guy thinks this season (and the past 17 seasons) have been bad wait till next year with 2 new schools to compete against. One of them, NDSU, absolutely destroyed Central Michigan of the MAC 44-14 AT CMU on Saturday.
Well written?

There was absolutely nothing of substance in that entire article and was nothing but a rehash about the program and losing. No ideas, no thoughts, no solutions -- just complaining that they've got a long way to go to be a "member" of the Gateway. No shit? I'm okay with telling it like it is, but unless you've part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Folks like Bennett have more influence on folks in the Terre Haute area and instead of rallying folks to attend games and get behind this program that is desparate need of support, he writes this column that has no rhyme, reason or purpose.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Perhaps the point was to point out to people around ISU and Terre Haute that college football is supposed to be fun. And, that college football at ISU clearly isn't fun. And, that people shoulldn't be OK with that. Hell, at most colleges, football Saturdays are an integral part of the great memories that make up your collegiate experience. How many of us have ANY memories of great football Saturdays (not the parties, but the games) that really defined that collegiate experience? I doubt that there are many of us. It's time ISU stopped short changing its students with a laughingstock football program. Either put the money into doing it right, or give it up. :mad:

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Perhaps the point was to point out to people around ISU and Terre Haute that college football is supposed to be fun. And, that college football at ISU clearly isn't fun. And, that people shoulldn't be OK with that. Hell, at most colleges, football Saturdays are an integral part of the great memories that make up your collegiate experience. How many of us have ANY memories of great football Saturdays (not the parties, but the games) that really defined that collegiate experience? I doubt that there are many of us. It's time ISU stopped short changing its students with a laughingstock football program. Either put the money into doing it right, or give it up. :mad:
Nah, I don't see that considering the title photo they used on TribStar.com was a couple girls smiling and frolicing around Memorial Stadium after the Sycamores got blown out -- hence the numbed title.

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
Nah, I don't see that considering the title photo they used on TribStar.com was a couple girls smiling and frolicing around Memorial Stadium after the Sycamores got blown out -- hence the numbed title.
Ooo, didn't see that. Bad use of a photo. And see, I was letting Bennett get me all mad...I've gotta start thinking about basketball and get my blood pressure back down...:meditate:

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Ooo, didn't see that. Bad use of a photo. And see, I was letting Bennett get me all mad...I've gotta start thinking about basketball and get my blood pressure back down...:meditate:
Yeah, that is why I thought it was done in terrible taste, especially after I clicked on the photo and then found nothing to work towards a viable solution to the problem. I know if I was an influential sportswriter in Terre Haute, I'd help push the State football program.

But yes, bring on the hoops season!

bigsportsfan

The All-MVC Level
It was odd that he talked to no one about the situation, and did not offer any solutions to any of the problems.